Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Goldilocks and the Three Bears


This week we read Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I love doing fairy tales because they are so much fun and my kids love them too! Fairy tales get overlooked so many times because we assume that our kids know them already but it is necessary to do them I beleive because so many kids still don't know them. It makes retell easy and extension activities easy too.

Here are a few ways we integrated it in my classroom.

We turned our classroom into a "cottage" and acted out the story.

We retold the story with a foldable and sorted things by size.

We made a list of words that were synonyms to large, medium and small.

We are building a new chair for baby bear this Friday and I am really excited to see what my kids come up with.











No comments:

Post a Comment