Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sight words when we line up!

The more my kids see sight words, the more they will practice reading those sight words. I try and put them in different places around the room so that they are always available for my kids to see. I have a file called "Sight words" on my desktop that we review every day so that my kids can practice reading them. As we learn more words I add them to new slides to practice. We sing the sight word song on YouTube EVERY DAY to practice spelling and reading their sight words. Just search for "Sight word rap" and you will see two different versions.

The more they see them the more they will practice and read them! So, one thing I have done is put down dry erase tape where my kids line up. I put one strip in each block all the way up to fifteen blocks. When my kids line up they see the sight words while they stand in line. I hear them saying "I'm standing on 'with'" or "You're standing on the color word 'orange'" as we line up to go somewhere. It's just another way to give them a little more exposure to their sight words. I can change them to words we are working on that week or words they are having trouble with.

No comments:

Post a Comment