Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Whew! Spring forward!

This weekend the time SPRANG forward! Most of us were dragging the next day I am sure, but my kids were ready to go! I got the idea from Greg Smedley-Warren at the Kindergarten Smorgasboard's leap year activities. At leap year he did stories about animals that would leap and jump. So I modified it a bit and we discussed animals that could SPRING! It was SO MUCH FUN! We are working on non standard measurement this week also so we had a jumping competition and measured our jumps. My kids and I read books about bunnies and frogs. One of our favorite springing character is Froggy so naturally we read several Froggy books! We made a graphic organizer naming different springing animals. Last week we visited African grasslands and one of my kids recalled a gazelle as an animal that could spring. ( I was proud!) We made bunny ear hats to wear and my kids absolutely loved them. They swore they could jump further and higher with them, I guess they were channeling their inner bunny. Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment