Thursday, October 22, 2015

Halloween Goodies in Math Centers.

October has come and almost gone! This month we practiced making numbers up to ten, shapes and started sorting! 

Family dollar and dollar tree always have little plastic goodies like rings and suh for Halloween and last year, right after Halloween I stocked up. I use these pieces in my math centers as manipulatives. They easily turn a routine math activity into a Halloween themed one! Bam! 

Here are a few pictures of my kiddos sorting. I asked them to first sort by color, very basic and they do this one easily. Next, I asked them to pick one color group and sort the items in that group. 

For some of the kids, we used the whole pile and sorted in other ways (size or shape). 



I even use these for patterns! My kids make AB and ABB patterns too. 

I found some awesome Halloween erasers and my kids use those to count out objects in ten frames. 

(I don't have pictures of these two right now but I will post a few later). 





No comments:

Post a Comment